Governance of AI Fellowship – Application form
Applications for the Governance of AI Fellowship are currently closed. However, we are likely to open up for applications for a Summer 2020 start in December or January.
To apply, please fill out the form below.
For more details on the Fellowship, read the ad here.
To submit your application, you will need:
- Resume or CV
- Statement of interest, answering the questions:
- Why do you want to research with us?
- What can you contribute to the AI governance field?
- How does this opportunity fit into your overall career plans?
- Two references
- Names and email addresses; no letters required
- A work sample
- It could be a paper, dissertation, essay, blog post, article or the like
- Samples on topics related to our work are preferred, but not required
- Max word count: 5,000. Excerpts allowed.
- With your work sample, include 1-sentence answers to the following questions:
- What was the context in which the work was written (e.g. involvement of others, if it was a dissertation)?
- Roughly how much time did you spend on the piece?
- What was your goal in writing the piece?
- What do you think of the results?
- A research proposal (no more than one page) describing a research project that you would like to work with us on (based on the Research Agenda)
- This is not necessarily the project you will research with us
- Please use the following structure:
- Question: What is the question you’d like to answer?
- Motivation: Why is the question important? In particular, why is it of relevance to the GovAI research agenda
- Description: If you were to write the piece now, what would you say? How would you go about answering the question?
Please submit your documents in .pdf format.
Privacy notice: https://www.fhi.ox.ac.uk/