The FHI is extremely excited to announce applications are now open for the position of a full-time Head of Operations.
The Head of Operations will play a leadership and co-ordinating role for FHI’s operations. Reporting to the Director of the Future of Humanity Institute, the person will be responsible for managing all research related operations of the Institute as it grows rapidly, including fundraising, recruitment and both internal and external communications.
FHI has ambitious expansion plans. We have recently secured a donation of up to £13.3m from Good Ventures and the Open Philanthropy Project to foster new research and future research leaders in the fields of technical AI safety, governance of AI, biosecurity, and other challenges facing humanity with the advent of advanced technologies. The Head of Operations will play a crucial role in making this a reality. They will be responsible for turning the Director’s vision into concrete action and will be expected to deputise for the Director as appropriate.
The Head of Operations will be responsible for
- Developing an overall strategy for the FHI in consultation with the Director
- Line-managing the operations staff of FHI
- Implementing the Director’s vision for research strategy and building a healthy institutional culture
- Leading on fundraising and external recruitment
- Managing large projects such as organising conferences
- Deputising for the Director for example at fundraising, communications and recruitment
- Co-ordinating FHI’s input for the REF impact case studies
As the ideal candidate, you will have experience in a management position including managing a diverse workforce, excellent prioritisation skills, well-developed negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills, and a deep understanding of FHI’s research.
Applications must be made online, applications received through any other channel will not be considered.
Applicants will be required to upload a CV and supporting statement as part of their online application. The deadline for all applications is 12.00 noon on 19th November 2018.