APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
FHI is excited to announce applications are now open for the position of full-time Executive Assistant to Professor Nick Bostrom, Director of the Future of Humanity Institute at the University of Oxford.
This post is a core part of FHI’s operations team. By freeing Prof. Bostrom’s schedule, prioritising items for his attention, and supporting his day-to-day activities, you will potentially have a significant impact on the productivity and quality of research at the FHI.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for
- managing the Director’s schedule
- handling all correspondence with internal and external stakeholders for the Director
- collecting and analysing information as required
- providing administrative support on travel and financial matters
- maintaining productive relationships with all stakeholders (such as journalists, university offices, event organisers, etc.)
- assistance in all day-to-day activities
As the ideal candidate, you will be a quick learner, be able to assimilate complex information and undertake multiple tasks simultaneously and under pressure. You will have excellent writing, communication and internet skills and should display evidence of tact and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters. Exceptional attention to detail and proofreading skills are especially crucial to the role.
Applications must be made online, applications received through any other channel will not be considered.
Applicants will be required to upload a CV and supporting statement as part of their online application. The deadline for all applications is 12.00 noon on 14 December 2017. Candidates should ask their referees to submit reference letters directly to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than this date. Interviews will take place week commencing 1 January 2018.